Speaking Engagements & Trainings
Hello, I’m Jon Smith, the creator of Minister2Kids ministries. I have served in ministry for over 15 years. I’ve had the privilege to serve with some amazing staff, leaders, volunteers, and kids. I started Minister2Kids in 2001 as a way to share our stuff with leaders across the country.
Now we have the privilege of sharing our resources with people all over the world. Several other sites like Sermonspice, Worship House Media, Worship House Kids, and Kidology also list our resources.
I am married to my beautiful wife Laura, and we have 2 girls that are growing up way too fast.
More Info About Jon
– Things I like are: boating, fishing, golf, basketball, board games, laying in a hammock, IBC cream soda, and meeting new people.
– I got a hole in one on April Fools Day – Yep! For real. Not a joke. It was my first swing of the season too.
– I am a jokester of a person. I still got a hole in one. Wouldn’t joke about that.
– 3 Crazy things I’ve done: In high school I climbed a radio tower, in college I went skydiving and it was the first time I was ever in a plane….and I jumped out of it, after college as an intern I jumped of a 67ft cliff in Arizona….interns do almost anything!
Do you need a speaker for your next volunteer training, retreat, or week of camp? Jon speaks all the time for a variety of reasons.
Hidden Visitor Trainings – If your ministry and church would like a full weekend training we can do our hidden visitor training. This is how it works: We come and visit your church on a weekend as a visitor. Leaders, volunteers, elders, and most staff don’t know we are coming. We participate in a weekend service, view ministries, and then give honest feedback on things (how welcoming, safety, programming, etc). We can always follow this up with additional training Sunday evening.
My family is my first and primary ministry! I enjoy traveling and speaking, but guard our family time very much.
– Creator of Minister2Kids Ministries in 2001 and many of the resources on this site
– 15 years of experience in Family Ministries
– 2001 Graduate of Kentucky Christian University (Youth & Family Ministries; Bible)
– 2011 Graduate of Cincinnati Christian University (Master in Family Ministries & Leadership)
– Conference speaker for a variety of ministry conferences
– Guest speaker for church retreats, camps, and trainings
– Dean for over 50 weeks of camp
– Served in churches ranging from 200 to 20,000 in attendance
– Mentored 10 interns that are now currently serving in ministry
– Mentor and pastoral coach for new pastors
– Spiritual gifts are leadership, teaching, evangelism, hospitality
– Myers Briggs personality of ENTP – A visionary and entrepreneur
Email Jon to book him for your next event!
Jon AT Minister2Kids DOT com