Kids Travel Guide to the Armor of God is a 13-week Scripture-based exploration of the armor of God. Lead them to have a faith so bold they’ll be able to stand firm in the midst of terrifying or unclear situations. Kids (levels K-5th grade) will explore how to be strong in the decisions they make, and in relationships with others. Kids’ Travel Guide™ to the Armor of God is perfect for helping children learn about spiritual issues in a non-threatening and empowering way.
In each of these 13 lessons, you will take your kids on a travel adventure with:
- In-Focus Verse around which the adventure is focused — “And with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace” (Ephesians 6:15) begins Journey 7.
- Departure Prayer designed for children to add their own words of prayer.
- First-Stop Discoveries: Narrated enactment or group activity exploring the lesson’s Bible Story.
- Story Excursions: Through Bible stories, bring the Armor of God to life in fun, imaginative and dramatic ways.
- Adventures in Growing: Activities show kids how to apply what they’ve learned to their daily lives!
- Souvenirs: Kids create pages that go into a notebook (their very own travel journal!) to remind them of the lesson’s Bible point.
You will also get:
- Tour Guide Tips: Ways to enhance or adapt the lesson.
- Items to Pack: Supplies and props for the journey.
- Scenic Routes to give you more creative options.
- Fun Facts: Jokes and interesting tidbits related to the lesson.
- Reproducible pages: Overhead master showing armor, props, and take-home illustrations of the Focus Verse.
Journey 1 No Fear!
Journey 2 Resist!
Journey 3 What Is God?s Armor?
Journey 4 Strong in the Lord
Journey 5 The Belt of Truth
Journey 6 The Breastplate of Righteousness
Journey 7 Fitted Feet
Journey 8 The Shield of Faith
Journey 9 The Helmet of Salvation
Journey 10 The Sword of the Spirit
Journey 11 The Power of Prayer
Journey 12 Stand Firm With Family and Friends
Journey 13 Standing Firm in the World
Product Information: Book
Lesson Sample – Kids Travel Guide to the Armor of God