I get asked all the time, “What are your favorite Children’s Ministry Memory Verses?” Learning and memorizing scripture is essential to anyone’s walk with Christ, no matter their age. Psalm 119:11 says, “I have hidden you word in my heart that I might not sin against you.” Memorizing the scriptures was important for Jesus as well. You might remember in Matthew 4 Jesus was tempted three times. Each time He face temptation by using scripture.
So, I compiled a list of memory verses that I’ve used in our children’s ministry. This is not a perfect list by any means. There are literally thousands that you could add. It’s my list that i’ve used before and will hopefully aid you if you are looking for some.
One last thing – this is more of a personal soap box. I am a strong component of children actually memorizing verses. That’s why I used these verses for every event, camp, vbs, and curriculum we did. So much so by the time kids entered 4th grade they were actually tired of these because they knew all of them. I am not a strong component of finding one verse that fits your curriculum for that week, then you call it a memory verse, use it, but never bring it back again. If you really want children to memorize verses then use them often. So, here is the list:
TOP 5 Memory Verses for Kids
- Genesis 1:1 – In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
- Psalm 46:10 – “Be still, and know that I am God;
- Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
- Matthew 6:21 – For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
- John 3:16 – “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- John 14:6 – “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
- Romans 3:23 – for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
- 1 Corinthians 16:14 – Do everything in love.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
- Colossians 3:20 – Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.
- Colossians 3:23 – Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men…
- James 1:22 – Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
- Hebrews 13:8 – Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Psalm 150:6, Romans 5:8, Romans 6:23, John 14:6, Matthew 22:37, Psalm 119:11, Proverbs 3:5-6, Jeremiah 29:11, Jeremiah 29:13, Matthew 21:22, John 15:7
Longer Memory Verses
- Ten commandments in order (Exodus 20)
- Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6)
- Psalm 23